Friday, September 11, 2009

The Game Saving Play

My little brother Angel was on a baseball team in Denver, Colorado. He was a really good player and helped the team out a lot. His team got to the championships and got to the final round. It was the ninth inning and the other team was down by one run. It was their bat and they had already got two outs, some one from the other team was on third base so if the team scored then my brothers team would have lost. The batter hit the ball and it came flew straight towards my brothers face, instead of moving away, he put his hand in front of his face and caught the ball for the win. He was excited and happy when he did that but didn't want to be cocky or showboat. Overall my brother was nervous before catching the ball because it was coming straight at him but, once he caught it all his nervousness went away. I'm proud of my brother for how hard he played.

1 comment:

  1. I like the drama you build into this anecdote. You describe the scene well, but I'd like to hear what *you* were doing while this was going on: were you cheering? on the edge of your seat? It's hard to even tell if you were there by this story.

    ReplyDelete